Comment on page
Student Dashboard (tracks)
WARNING: This is not intended for sites that have a very large set of courses (100+). Page load times may be unacceptable. Please see the option for loading courses in a new window so that the dashboard page only loads once.
This superpower will auto-arrange your students courses into category tracks and progress based tracks. You can also used the built-in announcements track to show off your latest content.
Automatically generates a set of category tracks for your current students enrollments (just add the section and you are done)
Automatically creates "progress" based tracks so we are promoting course completion
Announcement track slider included to help promote new content or events
Easily choose the order of every track in seconds
Exclude certain categories that you do not want appearing
Courses will appear in multiple tracks if they are in multiple categories (ex: What's New...). Tracks will not appear if they are not enrolled in them
Instantly blends in with your site colors, fonts, etc - but allows to you easily tweak everything
Auto "Buy me" links for courses that are in "free preview"
Auto "rate me" and "more info" links
Customizable Color coded progress indicators
Search bar included
Personalization with "SmartText" headings for the tracks
No pagination - all enrolled courses shown automatically
- Add the "Student Dashboard (Tracks)" section to your page
Below you will find all of the details on the configuration options for each of the section settings
- Use this section: when checked the welcome banner section will be displayed
- Heading: This will determine what the heading text will be. [AUTO] will use the default text from Thinkific theme, [NAME] Will be replaced by the students first name.
- Below Heading:
- Search (default) - will show a search bar that searches the students enrolled courses (not "All Courses")
- Button - will show a button instead. This may be helpful for linking to a "get help" or "contact us" page
- Button Text, Button Page - When "Button" is used, these settings will control the text and the page of the button
- None - will show nothing below the heading
- Padding Top & Bottom - controls how much padding is used above and below the Banner section
- Use theme settings page background color? - when check it the section will use the theme page color settings for the background color. Otherwise a custom background color can be specified
- Use theme settings color for heading? - when checked, the heading will use the theme heading color setting, otherwise a custom color can be specified
- Search Background & Search Text - determines the color of the search entry
- Use primary button color for search icon? - when checked, the search icon will use the theme primary button color otherwise a custom color can be specified
Announcements can be added to the dashboard by using the Announcement blocks at the bottom of the settings. Each announcement is added to the announcement track and has the option of having just text and an image or to have the item linked to a call to action
- Use this section: when checked the announcement section will be displayed
- Location: this option will determine if the announcements are placed above or below the welcome banner
- Heading - This will determine the section's heading. [NAME] will be replaced with the students first name
- Automatically Advance slider? - when checked this will auto advance the items in the announcement slider track
- Delay to move slider (Default 5 seconds) - this determines the delay in auto advancing the announcement slider track
When using the Announcement track, you must add multiple announcement blocks at the bottom of the settings. The order is determined by the order of the block settings.
- Image (570x320) - this image will be used as the background image. The text will appear over it automatically. We do add a gradual gradient from the bottom towards the top of the image automatically. The image size is recommended, but it will auto crop and center the image with whatever size you provide.
- Page- Select a page to use as the call to action for the item. When a user clicks on the page, it will either open in the same window or a new window depending on the Open link in setting. Leave this blank if you do not want the item to be linked
- Heading - this is the text that will be placed over the image
- Badge - this determines the small "badge" text that is placed in the upper left of the card. It is useful for indicating different types of announcements. Use the Badge Background and Badge Text color options to also give some color coordination to your announcements.
The course card settings group will give you the control over the text and icons that are used on the course cards. You can also specify if you want the course cards opening in a new window or the same.
- Open card links in: Use this setting to determine if you want the course cards to open in a new window or the same window. If you have a large # of courses, you may want to open the course in a new window to avoid having the reload the dashboard
- Buy Course: This is for setting the text to be displayed when the user is enrolled in a free trial. It will use the default purchase link for the product
- Rate Course: This is for the text to be displayed at the bottom of the card that will be linked for the course review. [AUTO] will use the default text from Thinkific theme
- Overview Course: This is for the text to be displayed for the link to the course landing page. [AUTO] will use the default text from Thinkific theme.
- Presell Course: This is for the text to be displayed in the badge section when the course is set to pre-sell status. [AUTO] will use the default text from Thinkific theme
- Status Icons: Uses Font Awesome 6.x icon codes for indicating various progress and states of the course. Simply find an icon code on Font Awesome and copy and paste it into the settings.
- In Progress Icon - displayed when the student has progress between 1-99%
- Not Started Icon - displayed when the student has progress of 0%
- Completed Icon - displayed when the student has completed the course
- Rate Course Icon - displayed when the student can leave a course review and also progress is greater than 0%
- See Overview Icon - will always be displayed
- Purchase Icon - will be displayed when the student is in a free trial course and can purchase it
- Presell Icon - will be displayed when the course is set to presell status
By default automatically generated tracks for the various progress states will be generated in addition to all of your categories you have configured inside of your Thinkific site. With this settings group, you can control what categories you would like to appear and also the order that they are shown.
- Use auto generated 'In Progress' track: when checked, a track will be shown with a list of courses that have a progress between 1-99%. You can control the heading of the track with the In Progress auto generated track setting.
- Use auto generated 'Not Started' track: when checked, a track will be shown with a list of courses that have a progress of 0%. You can control the heading of the track with the Not started auto generated track setting.
- Use auto generated 'Completed' track: when checked, a track will be shown with a list of courses that have a progress of 100%. You can control the heading of the track with the Completed auto generated track setting.
- Preferred Order: Copy and paste category names in the order you want them to appear. Leave blank for default order. One per line. Leave no blank lines. Any category name that you do not include in the list will be appended after the list you specify. Watch this demo video on how to use this feature
- Excluded categories: Copy and paste category names that you do NOT want to show here.One per line. Leave no blank lines.
Category tracks will only show courses that the student is enrolled in. Site Builder does not always represent the actual state of a logged in student. Please be sure to check this page from the actual student dashboard page: yoursite.thinkific.com/enrollments
If a category track contains no elements to display for the currently logged in student, then it will automatically be hidden
If you are using Thinkific Communities, then there will be a community track for your students. Use these settings to determine the location of the track as well as content settings.
- Community Heading - This will set the text for the heading of the communities track. [AUTO] will use the default text from Thinkific theme
- Communities Icon - the Font Awesome icon code to use for the number of topics show on the community card
- Location - determine if you want the community track to appear above or below the categories section
We always try to have the style of our page templates blend in instantly with whatever Theme style and color scheme you are using. Each color option indicates where the default color is coming from the Thinkific Theme Settings. You can also over-ride these settings and select a color combination that works for you.